Intro...

So, hi there!

I've created this new page to write blogs as and when I can, or need to, or want to etc in order to help myself (as it's rather therapeutic) but I guess to also help others if I can.
I've said to numerous people lately that it feels as though 2019 is an exceptionally bad year for January blues! It seems a lot more common for people to be struggling mentally and emotionally right now, more so than I've noticed in previous years, but thankfully people seem to be quite open about it and admitting it! So it was a big reason as to why I wanted to start this blog now. I will openly admit... I'm struggling! But we shall get into that a bit more as and when.

I've written a few posts before about mental health issues and mentioned my chronic pain/illnesses on my previous page, but I guess I just wanted a new space where I can focus a lot more on that side of life.
With permission of friends and family, I'd like to include their stories and experiences with mental health and illnesses too.
My sister and I have considered doing some podcasts to try and help others, so we shall start with this and see where it goes.

I'll give you a brief intro in me and my life - with mentioning illnesses and challenges I've faced and will discuss.
I admit I'm not medically trained, I'm not a professional, I'm not a life coach but people have been to me and said thank you before for being so open and honest about mental health and illnesses.

Anyway, I'm Jo, 26, and have M.E and Fibromyalgia - I've battled these conditions for the last 10 years. Since being diagnosed with these illnesses, I've suffered additional muscle/joint pain and problems, a heart condition called Vasovagal Syncope, along with it all taking a toll mentally effecting anxiety and depression. (Sounds fun right?!)

Now I won't divulge too much about who has what and what not for now, but I have an understanding for Anorexia Nervosa, OCD, social anxiety, social awkwardness, health anxiety, PTSD, autism, Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome, Vascular Dementia and a few other conditions. So as and when we shall discuss some more of these in detail.

I think for an intro, that shall suffice. But if there is anything in particular you'd like to know or discuss, drop me a message!

Take it easy,

Jo x








Comments